Magistrate can change or alter the charge u/s 216 Cr.PC if there is defect or something is left out #indianlaws


Magistrate has power under Section 216 Code of Criminal Procedure to alter or modify the charge on the basis of an application filed by the informant and further the trial court can alter the charge if some evidence has come on record or on the basis of the material already on record. 

© 2010-15